Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh Dear...

Well, it's been much longer since I have posted than I had intended, but such is life, bustling and busy! Living in a demanding household takes up so much time! Not to mention feeling under the weather and slightly unmotivated, too. All of these things put me much farther behind than I would wish. Thus, sadly, I still have not compiled my cross-country visual journal, though I seriously intend to. It will happen eventually, I swear! In the meantime, I have been thinking up ideas for neck pieces and doing some hand-sewing; yo-yo's and flowers, predominately, which will be put to use in creating said neck pieces. Today, I am inspired by this DIY tutorial for fabric flowers: Michonne. Oh the things you could do with them!!! They're so delicate and lovely.


This week, among the yo-yo's and flowers, I attempted to sew a little, lined satchel;

whilst I tend to make everything much more complicated than necessary, biting off more than I can chew... it's how I roll, always taking the more challenging path. Though, after this experience, I realized just how much of a novice I am!! Particularly with the ephemeral pressure of my foot to the pedal and wavering tempo of the sewing machine (mostly because I pin everything to death and don't want my needle to break), creating inconsistent stitches... blah! And perhaps I should have avoided a contrasty thread and a crazy stitch... yay for being overambitious! I need a sewing mentor... how nice would that be?! Until I find one, I think my mission has morphed into attempting more simplified projects that won't make me growl at my final product! I also discovered how much I want a rotary cutter. I believe this simple tool will make sewing projects a breeze! ...maybe?

I think it's about time I trek to the sewing supply store and get some supplies for my creations!


(lovely and inspiring photo from Lena Corwin)

No comments:

Post a Comment