Thursday, May 26, 2011

warmth

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about sunny, Arizona weather and am very inspired to create a lesson surrounding cyanotypes! I love this printmaking process and feel that children would enjoy the gratifying process and product of creating cyanotypes! I especially love to utilize natural materials in art-making and feel that we could make some beautiful prints that document the plant life within our natural surroundings.

Here is an inspiring image by photographer, Rinnie Allen:


Speaking of sun and warmth, yesterday was a beautiful day, here in PA! The grocery store had beautiful Athena melons that were crazy cheap- .99 cents a pop! These are the kind of melons that are uber succulent and refreshing, with their high water-content and great sweetness. Too, at home, I had a block of tofu and some bok choy to use, so I adapted a recipe from 101 Cookbooks (I heart this website!) and the result was DELISH! ...one of the best recipes I've made thus far! This makes me a happy camper! I think next time, I may use a bit of sesame oil to saute the veg, but it was yummy just how it was, too.

Caramelized Tofu w/ Bok Choy (instead of Brussel Sprouts)


I'm off to mow the lawn in the amazing 80 degree weather! Yippee!
Ta-ta for now :)

4 comments:

  1. I love bok choy! I've never failed at a recipe that includes the veggie - and this one looks especially promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bok choy, too :) Definitely try this recipe, Jesse. You won't be sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cyanotype prints too. I did the same process in Wildcart Art with the high school students. In fact, at the dentist yesterday I was reading a magazine that referred to an artist in Phoenix that currently do a lot with cyanotypes. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lainie, that is sweet! Was your lesson w/ Wildcat Art successful?? Do you have any tips?

    ReplyDelete