Wednesday, May 25, 2011

news!... and it's good :)

I have the day off :^) Yippee! So, I thought I'd spend my morning doing a little bit of blog updating. Then, I intend to go for a bike ride because it is absolutely beautiful outside, today! Thank you-- the 80's have arrived in southeast PA, which makes me one happy gal!

On another note, I have more exciting news. In discovering that my body no longer tolerates dairy products, I still didn't feel right... my digestion improved for a bit, but then I was back to where I started and I just felt terrible and confused about what was going on... something wasn't right. So, I began researching my afflictions, which led me to understand that it was very likely that my body was resisting animal proteins, altogether. After a great deal of research, I decided to eliminate all animal products from my diet. This Friday will mark my second week as a vegan. I cannot find the words to appropriately express how wonderful I feel-- after just 2 weeks! My body no longer feels slug and/or sloth-like. I feel normal, again! In fact, I feel better than normal; I feel fantastic, energetic, light and alive!!! This all probably sounds overly dramatic, but the way I had been feeling was dragging me down in a horrible way, so I am totally celebrating this new vitality!

I've been having a blast cooking (and, baking!) in this new, plant-based way! I thought I'd share some of my adventures, lately :)

Grilled Hummus, Tomato, Roasted Red Pepper, Red Onion "Pizza" (see Ina's pizza dough recipe; substitute AP flour w/ wheat flour)


Black Bean Tacos with Cabbage Slaw + Guac! (omit feta cheese, add 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)


Impromptu Bean & Veggie Burritos and Dark & Stormies w/ my lovely sister, Donna!


Rhubarb is in season = Rhubarb Pie! (I am still a baker at heart, afterall!)


Veggie Burger, Tomato, Fennel & Orange Salad


My lovely, beautiful, newly-wed friend, Jesse, is also a vegan and has an amazing blog called The Happy Go Lucky Vegan which I have been using as a major source of inspiration, as well. I'm so happy to be a happy-go-lucky vegan, myself! :^) Thanks, Jesse!!!

Time to hit the road (in my gigantic, majorly nerdy bike helmet!), but not before I go make some brunch... I know it's 10 AM on a Wednesday, but it was a lounge-y morning, okay?! :^D

No comments:

Post a Comment