Monday, June 6, 2011

blind contour drawing... literally

I have this idea for a lesson that I need to write down before I forget! This happens to me all the time, and normally I just don't write my idea down and totally forget about it. However, I've been contemplating lesson ideas very intensely, lately, so I really want to document this thought!

I believe in using sketchbooks in classrooms and have been pondering the best ways to create and utilize them in the classroom with children. In thinking about sketchbooks, I had an idea about contour drawing in which students are blindfolded (I think middle schoolers will pretend to hate this, but actually love it), students would draw an object from a sack, and then using their fingers as their tools they would feel the contours of the object and draw the object from their observations. This would be a fun introductory activity to contour drawing/still life/etc.

Too, here is a great resource for utilizing sketchbooks in the classroom via Sketchbooks in Schools. I LOVE this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment